How will life coaching benefit me?
Life Coaching asks that you focus on yourself – on the tough questions, the hard truths… and on your successes. Working with me will help you:
- Challenge existing attitudes, beliefs and behaviours that are not serving you well and develop new ones that meet your goals in a superior way – taking decisive action to reach for the extraordinary.
- Amplify your personal strengths and overcome limitations to foster a winning attitude in yourself.
- Show compassion for yourself while you do the tricky and sometimes scary work of learning new behaviours that will benefit yourself and those around you.
- Maintain composure and equanimity in the face of disappointment and unmet expectations, avoiding emotion-fuelled reactions.
- Have the courage to reach for more than before while engaging in continual self-examination without fear.
What’s the difference between Life Coaching and traditional therapies?
Life coaching deals with examining your present and building your future. In order to do that it is necessary – as with traditional therapies – to examine your past, but we do that in order to inform our understanding of your present. Life Coaching is therapeutic, but it is not therapy. It is current-action oriented. Life coaching often works in tandem with counselling and therapy.
How do I know if coaching is right for me?
Many people come to coaching because they have experienced an event or certain set back in their life which has caused them to reconsider and examine aspects of their lives. In order to make change they seek guidance. Everyone has the potential to begin living the life they see for themselves, but not everyone is ready for change. Contact me to determine if now is the right time for you.
Who do you work with?
Anyone and everyone, from students, new mothers, business executives, artists and IT specialists. Just as no one, regardless of age, job, sexuality or gender, is immune to pain, so too there is no one who cannot benefit from life coaching.
I have an active and busy life – do I have time for a life coach?
Yes! Life coaching sessions are conducted on Skype, FaceTime or on the phone at times that are convenient to you. I can also work with you face to face in Devon if you are local – or on holiday! Typically I see people for an hour a week, or for two hours twice a month, but this is very flexible.
How long will I need coaching?
That depends on where you are in life, where you want to go, and how quickly you want to get there. There’s no right or wrong time frame for life coaching. Some clients achieve their goals in as little as three months; others stay with a coach anywhere from six to eighteen months. After clients realize their first goals, they often identify other areas they want to work on. The coaching relationship continues as long as there is benefit to the client.